WTH? Fried Green Tomatoes

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've made Fried Green Tomatoes for YEARS! DW loves them. For years after we married, she never got involved in the kitchen much, other than sides. Now, after all this time, she is feeling more confident (with my support of course) and is cooking whole meals on her own (I may get spoiled).

But tonight.

After nearly 9 years.

She (not me) brought home some Green Tomatoes.

Of course, they will be used for Fried Green Tomatoes.

BUT.

BUT!

She says that you have to PEEL the Green Tomato first. She says it’s always been done that way as far as she knows.

Blasphemy! :lol:

Personally, I’ve never heard of such. Ever.

How about you guys……do you actually peel a green tomato first? Or (like I do) just slice it, batter it, and fry it ("skin" and all)?

Have I missed something???

Please chime in!

homecook

I've only made these a couple times. I never peeled mine. But that's not to say you shouldn't. I take the easy route though, no peeling. lol

buckytom

Grill Master
ok, i waited long enough. i'd hoped to bury a joke in the chatter, but yous guys are boring the hell outta me.

k, tell your wife her tomatoes are important to us...

and unfortunately/fortunately, skins are not peeled. attsa matta wit her?

Fate, savage and empty, you are a turning wheel, your position is uncertain, your favour is idle and always likely to disappear; covered in shadows and veiled you bear upon me too; now my back is naked through the sport of your wickedness.

wimmen, sheesh.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've never peeled them but can see why some would...but, it's just more work.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I would think that frying would soften the skins enough that you wouldn't notice much difference either way...