Boing Boing Food Archive

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am sure that everyone knows about the website boingboing but did you know they have a foodie version; it is their food archives? It can be found here:
http://www.boingboing.net/food/

The first article is about a fetish restaurant.
"Hospital fetish restaurant in Latvia":whistling::whistling:

Then, there is a story about King Cake

there is as story about baristas

They post new things when there is something interesting and of note. It can be anything foodie around the world. Enjoy!

(I hope this is what you meant, Doc)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
There was also a fetish restaurant in NYC back in the 90s called La Nouvelle Justine.....I used to hostess the Sunday Blasphemous Brunch, dressed as a nun (in latex and pvc of course)

As far as that King Cake goes...I make a mean King Cake. There are many traditions surrounding the King Cake. You hide one baby or dubloon in the cake and serve it to your guests. Whoever gets the baby is King till next year....and also has to host the next Mardi Gras Party.

We did that last year and one of our guests got the baby...and we're going to a Mardi Gras Dinner in two weeks!! Yay!! and I don't have to cook it!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
There was also a fetish restaurant in NYC back in the 90s called La Nouvelle Justine.....I used to hostess the Sunday Blasphemous Brunch, dressed as a nun (in latex and pvc of course)
Now THAT'S a picture I'd like to see.:thumb:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The ancient Ursuline nuns that I knew use to wear a get up like The Flying Nun.

Vera, latex and pvc would give me a rash; I am allergic. How did you manage? I guess "a bit of talcum is always walcum" ogden nash

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Getting into latex was such a chore.....but it always looked so good on. It was especially cool to get someone to shine you! Getting it off was even better...go stand in the shower and just slip right out!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, JoeC...it depends... The person who shined you was usually obligated to shine you and had to do so without appearing to actually enjoy it. On the other hand, latex had to be shined in every nook and cranny, around and over every curve. The art of appearing indifferent was a coveted talent; and I had lots of talented people hanging around back then.;)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like it could be a fun job, but then at my age most anything is fun. ;)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
It takes forever to get on and is very hot to wear. I knew I was allergic so despite the curiosity, I never tried any on.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Actually, the shining occurred just before you went out..and armorall was everyone's product of choice. Once you took the latex off, you had to let it air dry and then powder gently and fold for safe keeping. Never ever hang you latex.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
(I hope this is what you meant, Doc)

That was extraordinaire Susan. :applause: Rep points for you. Like TGM said, I'd never heard of that site at all.

If you want to just post a link with part of the content from the page you are linking to, that will work. Susan excelled and told us about it and made us want to click it. Good job Susan. :tiphat: :D

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Although I was sheltered growing up, my parents let me read anything and everything and my dad had this policy, "If I were old enough to ask, I was old enough to know." My aunt had a lot of great books that I read when I stayed over at Grandma's house. I was always off somewhere quietly reading and staying out of trouble. lol

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Actually, the shining occurred just before you went out..and armorall was everyone's product of choice. Once you took the latex off, you had to let it air dry and then powder gently and fold for safe keeping. Never ever hang you latex.

Vera, I had friends who used talc to help slide it on. You must have a beautiful figure to be able to wear it well.