Contest!!!!!!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Ok..... I gave Doc (the site owner) a number from 0-50 that I picked out.

All you folks have to do to win is guess the number!

What do you WIN??????

$10 in Penzeys Spices that YOU pick out (not including shipping)!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

The guessing starts now and ends on Wednesday January 28th at 6pm Central time. We can only ship to our members in North America.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

:beer::bounce::beer::bounce:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I choose number 17.
We have a local Penzey's. I bought poppyseeds there recently for my homemade makosh. I love that store.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
This is the last thing I won with a single $20 raffle ticket. The knife below is valued at $2000.00 and is a custom made 270mm Carter International Pro Damascus Gyuto (chef's knife). Hopefully my luck will hold up. :wink:

Attachments

• CarterGyuto.jpg
    CarterGyuto.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 465

chowhound

49. Don't know why, but 49 it is.
Super contest!

Love the knife, Joe. I almost bought a knife with that style handle. That's a bigun, too.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I also belong to Knifeforum.com and we have a get together east coast get together every year in the kitchen group. It has been held in Pennsylvania the last 2 years so I've been able to go and it has been a lot of fun. I'm trying to get a couple of them to come over but they haven't shown up as of yet.

Deadly Sushi

49. Don't know why, but 49 it is.
Super contest!

Love the knife, Joe. I almost bought a knife with that style handle. That's a bigun, too.

No problemo :tiphat:

We are probably going to have one every week or so for different things, but my favorite is Penzeys :chef:

Doc and I just really want this place to be FUN where you can post things and not worry about if its 'acceptable' to the Mods. You can say and post pretty much whatever ya want. :thumb: And if you EVER have something you want to suggest please give us a heads up. Lastly if someone ever follows you from another forum you belonged to, to "attack" you or intimidate you, PLEASE tell us! They will be removed INSTANTLY! (and banned of course)

Have fun..... pull a seat up.... post and relax :wave:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sushi,
No one has guessed the number yet, but we have a few close guesses. If no one guesses it are you going to give it to the closest guess, or double up the prize for next week?
Assuming members can only guess once.
I'll guess 179! (just kidding) :hide:

Calicolady

No problemo :tiphat:

We are probably going to have one every week or so for different things, but my favorite is Penzeys :chef:

Doc and I just really want this place to be FUN where you can post things and not worry about if its 'acceptable' to the Mods. You can say and post pretty much whatever ya want. :thumb: And if you EVER have something you want to suggest please give us a heads up. Lastly if someone ever follows you from another forum you belonged to, to "attack" you or intimidate you, PLEASE tell us! They will be removed INSTANTLY! (and banned of course)

Have fun..... pull a seat up.... post and relax :wave:

Sushi,
No one has guessed the number yet, but we have a few close guesses. If no one guesses it are you going to give it to the closest guess, or double up the prize for next week?
Assuming members can only guess once.
I'll guess 179! (just kidding) :hide:

Thak you both. I'm glad I was led to this place by one fiesty Texan.
I wonder, is there a reward system for referrals? Not for myself. But if there's no winner on any given week, instead of doubling up prizes, why not pass it on that way? Pick a different person on the week of no correct guess winner.
Just a thought.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thak you both. I'm glad I was led to this place by one fiesty Texan.
I wonder, is there a reward system for referrals? Not for myself. But if there's no winner on any given week, instead of doubling up prizes, why not pass it on that way? Pick a different person on the week of no correct guess winner.
Just a thought.

Good idea. Sounds like a GREAT way to do it.

I was thinking of having a referral contest also.
Keep an eye out for another contest very soon.

Deadly Sushi

My bad! Whomever is closest WINS!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t2::punk::w00t2:
And to answer your question No THIS contest its not for referrals.

This particular contest is just a weekly or semi-weekly contest for our members.
We can put out referral contests if ya want.

Last edited: