Editing a post

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Is it just me, or has something changed? It used to be I had 24 hours to edit my own post, now it's like 24 minutes.

Over the past few days, I've noticed the Edit option disappears on a post in about 20 minutes. Is this by design?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I believe it's 1 hour, Keltin. There may have been glitches that allowed you to edit after an hour, but it is set to 1 hour, I think. Maybe Doc will chime in here if I'm wrong.

chowhound

I thought you could always edit a post, just not delete a post after one hour...
The other day I noticed a misspell or something and tried to edit, it hadn't been that long since I posted, and did not have the option.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Doc did set to one hour. Keltin, could it have been that you saw a difference since the last software upgrade of vb? I have noticed that several things work different on my handheld sin e then.

Andy

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, the time limit is definitely an hour now. I swear last week I could go at least 24 hours.......hold-on.......

Ah-ha! Proof!! :yum:

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22151&postcount=2

Look at that post I made. I posted it on 2/16/09 at 1:41 PM. My last edit was 2/18/09 at 5:16 PM. So I used to be able to go over 48 hours with editing.

Now it’s definitely down to 1 hour. Maybe the VB S/W upgrade "fixed" it?

I KNEW I wasn’t that crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, no biggy. At least now I know!

Wasabi

Well, the time limit is definitely an hour now. I swear last week I could go at least 24 hours.......hold-on.......
You're not crazy.........you're just old. Last week you go at least 24 hours? You go Boy!:applause:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is it just me, or has something changed? It used to be I had 24 hours to edit my own post, now it's like 24 minutes.

Over the past few days, I've noticed the Edit option disappears on a post in about 20 minutes. Is this by design?
Good eye Keltin. You are correct, you used to be able to edit your post for 1 day or more. This was my mistake. I entered the value wrong. I can't remember exactly when I changed it to 60 minutes but I think it's been a few weeks ago.
60 minutes is the 'norm' and what I intended the setting to be. It's that way on all my forums.

edit to add,
I see it wasn't a few weeks but a few days. Thanks for the clarafication Keltin. :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
So Keltin wasn't just blowing smoke? He really could do it for 24 hours?:respect:

Yeah Baby! Party over here!!
smiley-dance011.gif

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Good eye Keltin. You are correct, you used to be able to edit your post for 1 day or more. This was my mistake. I entered the value wrong. I can't remember exactly when I changed it to 60 minutes but I think it's been a few weeks ago.
60 minutes is the 'norm' and what I intended the setting to be. It's that way on all my forums.

edit to add,
I see it wasn't a few weeks but a few days. Thanks for the clarafication Keltin. :thumb:

Thanks Doc; you just added a few points back to my sanity! :lol:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I thought the joke was is that your nose or....
(sorry, I couldn't resist the Sonny and Cher reference)