Condolences for Homecook and heb

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
That was a really nice obituary, Barb. Did you write it? That was probably the hardest thing I had to do when my father died. How do you write about your parent that would let people know what a wonderful person they were? Hugs to you and Heather.

homecook

Thanks Terry!
Yes, I did with as little help from the brothers. lol I also wanted to say "avid drinker, avid smoker, loved bar olympics" but they didn't think it was appropriate, even though that's who she was. It was very difficult!! I am so not ready for tomorrow......

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Barb-
We have been gone since Saturday. My deepest condolances to you and your family!
images

homecook

Thank you Dee and Pancho!! Much appreciated.

The wake was today and it was really hard to get through. There was a funny today.......my mom was a drinker and a smoker. My son decided his grandmother didn't look herself without a cigarette. So he got a cigarette and put it between her fingers in the casket. I know to some this may seem morbid but our family is weird. We're also thinking of putting a highball in her casket before they close it. You can't have a smoke without a drink! Hey, we buried my dad with a can of Bud.....

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Barb, you are a truly good daughter! And if she was somewhere out there watching today, I know she is probably laughing and thinking what a wonderful legacy she left behind - y'all!

Biskit

The smoke and the highball would be just fine, Barb. Several guys I knew were buried in a nice shirt and jeans. They never wore a suit in life........

Your mom would be proud!